Friday, March 2, 2012

Secure

Hebrews 7:24-25 says: "but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." I memorized these verses recently, I challenge you to learn them as well. I hope you won't be able to get them off your mind either. As I have meditated on these words I asked God to teach me and show me what I should learn. So today's entry is what He taught me. Jesus lives forever. Let those words sink deep into your heart. Our God and Savior lives! Forever! The implications of this fact are so beyond my capacity to understand, I can only bow in worship. How about you? As Beth Moore once said you can bend your knee or Jesus will do it for you, either way you're going down. Jesus lives and is worthy of our worship. He is able to save completely. WOW! That means there is not one single sin in my past, present, or future that isn't covered by the blood of the Lamb. Have you ever heard this lie whispered in your ear? "You've reached your limit on this one." or "God is tired of that one." or "God ran out of forgiveness for you in that area." Lies from the pit of hell. Do not believe the lie. Jesus saves completely. That means completely. Live forgiven. Those who come to God through Him. The name of Jesus makes all the difference. Acts 4:12 says it best of all: "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” We pray in the name of Jesus because He is our only access to the Father. Because he always lives to intercede for them. Hmmmm, makes you wonder what Jesus says on our behalf. I really don't know the answer to that. Maybe someone with more Bible knowledge than I have can answer that question. But for now, I imagine Jesus saying, "She's mine." That's all. Just "She's mine." I love the security of that. As a woman, one of my needs is to feel secure. Jesus provides security. He provides security because He lives forever, because He saves completely, because He is access to the Father and because He intercedes for me. Do you know that security?

1 comment:

  1. This was a wonderful reminder of Jesus' intercession for us. I often feel like I don't have the right words when I talk to God. I am not sure what I need to say at times, but Jesus knows. Thank you for this reminder, Gayle

    ReplyDelete